Whenever I’m in the mood for Italian food I always make my favorite dish spaghetti. This recipe puts a little twist on it with a couple extra ingredients. Perfect for a quiet night with a glass of wine.
– 250 grams (around 9 oz) of Kings Own Spaghetti from Kings Food Markets.
– 4 slices of bacon
– 10 oz of frozen sweet peas
-1 medium size shallot
– 2 cloves of garlic
-1 spoon of olive oil
– salt and pepper to season
1. Set a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Save the leftover water for later.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over a medium fire until crisp (about 5-7 minutes).
3. When ready transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the fat.
4. Chop the garlic.
5. Prepare the shallots.
6. Sautee the garlic and shallots with a spoon of olive oil, add sweet peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. When ready add the pasta into the peas, shallots, and garlic mixture.
8. Add some of the leftover pasta water and cook for a minute or two.
9. Sprinkle with small chunks of bacon and cheese and serve immediately.
10. Don’t forget to crack open a bottle of your favorite red wine for the perfect pairing.