- 18 oz fresh blueberries (5 cups)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 5 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2/3 old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp wheat bran
1. Heat oven to 350F with rack in center position. Coat 8″ x 12″ x 2″ baking dish with baking spray (with flour).
2. Toss blueberries with lime juice in prepared dish. Stir together 2 Tbsp of the flour and 1 Tbsp of the sugar and toss with berries to combine.
3. Stir together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, remaining 3 Tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp wheat bran, and 4 Tbsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. Coarsely chop 3 Tbsp of the almonds and stir into dry ingredients. Add butter and rub in with fingers or cut in with pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries.
4. Bake until golden brown and mixture is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp sliced almonds before serving.
Serves 9 People