A couple of weeks ago I found this recipe on (http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/) and tried my own version adding 1/4 of pecans and cranberries, and reducing the sugar by half. You can have them as a snack, before a workout or as a post-workout snack. I brought them to my studio (for tasting purposes) and everybody loved them.
These no bake energy bites are super easy to make, made with healthier ingredients, and they taste like no bake cookies. You can make them very easily only with 3 basic ingredients: oatmeal, peanut butter and honey and add whatever you like. Make sure to keep the ratio of the oats, butter and sugar the same.
• 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned rolled oats)
• 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
• 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
• 1/2 cup ground flax seed
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup chopped cranberries
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed, rolled into balls about 1” diameter, chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before served. Perfect for a healthy snack or a post-workout quick bite. Enjoy!
2. Makes about 2 dozen of balls.